Sunday, January 3, 2016

Character Interview: Cassie and Jack From Divine Vices





SummaryIt was once said that love is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but trusting them not to.

Well, I don’t trust him.

I don’t even like him.

But hot damn, do I crave him…

Nine months after the tragic accident that killed my mother and sister, all I want is a fresh start. Settling down in the quiet town of New Haven, Maine, I’ve found peace at last...until the new resident bad boy, Jackson Matthews, enters the picture. Arrogant, sarcastic, and devastatingly sexy, he’s the very last thing I want to entertain. Romance was never part of the plan.

To make matters worse, local girls begin disappearing and there’s suspected cult activity involved. Is it just a coincidence that everything started when this blue-eyed Casanova strolled into town? When terrifying circumstances drive the two of us together, I find myself in over my head and drawn in by his allure. Will falling into Jackson's arms mean I'll be falling victim to a real lady-killer...or worse?

Love may bite…

But desire kills. (Via Goodreads.com)



  Amazon  I  Barnes & Noble I  Goodreads  I  Website





Casey Marie: What was your first impression of each other?

Jack: (laughs) Cassie was completely head over heels for me.


Cassie: Yeah, not exactly. My initial opinion of Jack wasn’t exactly what you’d call favorable. We didn’t exactly get off on the right foot.


Jack: Regardless, I still thought she was stunning. And I’m pretty sure the feeling was mutual. Cassie is very tenacious, and it’s impossible not to see and appreciate that quality when first meeting her.

CM: Describe each other in five words. 

Jack: If Cassie’s answer isn’t “Sexiest man on the planet,” I’m going be hurt.

Cassie: I’ll go with, “Biggest pain in my butt.”

Jack:  That might just be the sweetest thing you’ve ever said about me.

Cassie: (laughs) And I mean it with the utmost affection.

Jack: I’d say, “Girl after my own heart.”

CM: What is your favorite scene in Divine Vices?

Jack: Any scene where I get to cause trouble.

Cassie: Which would pretty much be the entire book.

Jack: And definitely our fiery kiss in Chapter 24. That’s perhaps my favorite.

Cassie: My pick is probably Chapter 9. I loved everything about the scene. It was funny and flirtatious, and I got to put Jack in his place.

CM: If Divine Vices ever became translated into a film or television show, which actor/actress would you want to portray you?

Jack: That’s a tough one…

Cassie: I could see someone like Jack Falahee or perhaps a younger Colin O'Donoghue playing Jack. Heck, the first already shares his name, so you could take that as a sign. All he would need is contacts lenses to change his eye color.

Jack Falahee
Young Colin O'Donoghue






















Jack: And I totally get an Emma Stone Zombieland vibe from Cassie. They’re both very sassy and feisty. I like a strong woman, and I trust Emma would do Cassie justice.


Emma Stone in Zombieland

CM: Cassie, how does it feel to have people in your head?

Cassie: It leaves you feeling very exposed. It’s not creepy in a Being John Malkovich kind of way, but it’s like someone stole the most detailed diary of your life and shared it with the masses. Whoever this Melissa Parkin person is who published the book is definitely going to be getting a visit from me.

CM: Why should Divine Vices be a must-have book on a reader's Christmas list?

Jack: It really caters to everyone. You can’t really put the book in a singular genre. It’s a contemporary romance, a mystery, and a paranormal thriller. And it’s rather sexy and quite humorous, if I do say so myself.


(Purchase on Amazon)

CM: What are you hoping to receive this Christmas?

Cassie: Since Matthews here lives with his head in the gutter, I shudder to imagine what he’s got in mind.

Jack: She knows me all too well.

Cassie: I take it your kind of gift doesn’t involve wrapping paper.

Jack: I don’t mind it, but I prefer undressing of a different kind. I won’t lie.

Cassie: (laughs) And that’s precisely why I’m asking for Pepper Spray.

CM: What can you tease about book two?

Jack: Divine Vices laid the groundwork for the upcoming battle. The sequel, Tainted Virtues, is that crescendo. It’s darker, sexier, and more action-packed. The stakes are raised on every level imaginable.

Cassie: Absolutely. Expect the twists to keep coming. The secrets that come to light completely change the game.







Melissa Parkin is a Chicagoland native who feels weird referring to herself in the third person. When she's not binge reading, taking photographs, breaking the first rule of Fight Club, or playing music too loud, she's writing young adult paranormal romances.













1 comment: