Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Top 5 Books/Series of 2014

5. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
    
    It was the perfect contemporary novel for summer vacation. Morgan Matson's writing was fantastic and I flew through the book in one sitting. The plot was creative and full of adventure, friendship, and romance. I highly recommend reading it and you can click here to read my full review.





              4. The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole

     I read both Poison Princess and Endless Knight this year and they were both fantastic. The plot of the series is extremely unique, it remind me of The Hunger Games crossover with tarot cards. The series is post-apocalyptic and contains a love triangle that I am still unsure what side I am on. The third book, Dead of Winter, is being released on January 6th and it is my most anticipated book of new year. Click here for my review of the second book, Endless Knight.






3. The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout

     I love all of Jennifer L. Armentrout's books, but The Dark Elements has to be my favorite. The plot is so unique. I never thought of writing a book about gargoyles. Also, we got to decide who Layla should end up with, that is awesome. If she does not end up with Roth, then I call dibs. Anyway, I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of the second book, Stone Cold Touch (my review of Stone Cold touch) in June, but that also means I have to wait for the final book, Every Last Breath a few months longer than most, July can't come soon enough. 






2. Contours of the Heart by Tammara Webber

     The Contours of the Heart series is so hard to describe in words. Tammara Webber has such an amazing talent for writing. She instantly hooks you on the first sentence and makes you fall in love with both books and their characters. Easy is the first book in the series and Breakable (my review of Breakableis a prequel and Lucas' perspective of Easy. I highly recommend this series, it is full of an adorable romance that sparked from an unlikely event. 






1. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

     Ignite Me is the third and final book in the Shatter Me trilogy and without a doubt, Ignite Me was the best book I read in 2014. It was the perfect blend of romance, action, and Warner. I fell in love with Warner in Unravel Me (my review of Unravel Meand Ignite Me put me over the edge. Warner has officially beaten out William Herondale as my favorite fictional character. Not only did I fall head over heels in love with Warner, but I also did with Ignite Me.  There are not enough adjectives to describe how much I loved it. I HIGHLY recommend reading this trilogy, but remember, Warner is mine. 



     There were so many fantastic books of 2014, I can't wait to see what 2015 books bring!
Please comment below your favorite book(s) of 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment