Sunday, August 17, 2014

Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2) by Tammara Webber

























Summary:

He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.


As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat. (Via Goodreads.com)


Pages: 360


Release Date: May 6th, 2014


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Review:

     Breakable is the second book in the New Adult series, Contours of the Heart. The first book in the series is Easy. Breakable is a prequel to Easy from Landon’s perspective and is Lucas’s perspective of Easy. I absolutely love this series and highly recommend it. The New Adult genre is in-between Young Adult and Adult in mature content. This particular series includes rape, and some sexual situations. This warning is not to discourage you from reading this series but to warn younger readers.

*Spoiler Section*

    
     I loved learning about Lucas' past since he barely talked about it in Easy. As much as I loved to see Lucas' past though, it sometimes got too much. Landon had so much struggle and was alone with his pain for almost all of his life, I just wanted to see him happy with Jacqueline.
     I don't know why but I don't like guys with long hair. I know I should not judge someone without getting to know them first but it always happens. Breakable changed that though. Lucas has long hair, tattoos, and piercings which, in general, can make men appear scary, but he is the sweetest and most compassionate person. I love Lucas so much, and I am glad he got his happily ever after. 
     In Easy, I never understood why the series was called the Contours of the Heart until Breakable. That was one of the lines in a poem Lucas' mom wrote. The poem also happens to be one of Lucas' tattoos. 
     My favorite quote from Breakable was on page 126 when Arianna said "Tattoos make statements that need to be made. Or hide things that are no one's business. Your scars are battle wounds, but you don't see them that way. Yet." That quote perfectly explains the reasons behind Lucas' tattoos. 
     It was so fascinating to see that Lucas and Jacqueline were telling the same story but each of their stories were so different. I loved that Tammara Webber shortened some of the story. For example, when it came to 'Landon' and Jacqueline's e-mails Tammara did not talk about every single e-mail since we already knew them all from Easy. Instead, she used that space in the book to go more in depth into Lucas' past. 
     Tammara has such an amazing writing style. I was on vacation while reading Breakable and I could not tear myself from the book to look at the scenery. Even though I already knew half of the story from Easy, I could not stop reading it. She has such a great ability at describing the scenes. I felt like I was actually in the story and was experiencing what the characters felt. I am excited to see what Tammara Webber will write next.
     As much as I loved Breakable it is hard to describe in words exactly how much I loved it. Breakable is a heartbreaking story that shows even if you have a dark past, you still have a future.
~Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment