Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In Time (The Darkest Minds #1.5) by, Alexandra Bracken
























 

Summary: 


Gabe’s life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skip tracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won’t speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine.  
(Via Goodreads.com)

 

Pages: 89 (e-book)

 

Release Date: July 16th 2013

 

Review: 

     In Time was a refresher to me because it has been about a month since I finished The Darkest Minds. In Time was of use to me since Never Fade was released a few weeks ago and I will be reading it after I read Champion by, Marie Lu, released November 5th of this year. 
     In Time is a novella based during the events of The Darkest Minds and Never Fade in the perspective of Gabe. Gabe is a completely new character to the trilogy. He is a wannabe skip tracer trying to make money. At first, I was not a huge fan of him because he was treating Zu like a wild animal and called all the kids freaks because of their abilities. He grew on me though because his perspective of the kids changed and he was caring for Zu who rarely gets loved.
     Since Zu was brought back during In Time I wonder if she will be back in Never Fade or is that supposed to be the end of her story? I hope not, it does not end on a happy note. I am hoping that Gabe is not dead from getting shot in the chest, it is highly unlikely though, but one can hope and dream.  
     Also, along the way they run into Jane, the skip tracer that was always after Liam, Chubs, Zu and Ruby. That is now Gabe and Zu are joined by Bryson, for some reason I do not remember Bryson from The Darkest Minds even though I believe he was included in the book. But nonetheless, Gabe and Zu returns him from where he lived with a women named Della and her husband Jim. It turns out that Della is Liam's mom. It is such a small world, Alexandra Bracken is able to weave this web within her world.
      If you guys have read my The Darkest Minds review then you are aware that I was not too big of a fan of The Darkest Minds. But, I was willing to continue the trilogy and I am happy to announce that I am really excited to read Never Fade. I am a bit skeptical to know if I was not completely into The Darkest Minds due to Ruby's perspective or if I was not into Alexandra Bracken's writing. I am assuming it was the problem with Ruby's point of view but I am hoping to grow into her perspective.
      Before reading the novel, I could not figure out what the cover was a picture of. But, once I got a closer view, I figured out that the cover is a photo of tire tracks. It is an interesting cover design but makes sense with the skip tracers.
      Overall, I could not be torn away from Never Fade and it had me always wondering what was going to happen next. You guys should stay tuned for my Never Fade review that should be up in a couple weeks, once I finish and review Champion by, Marie Lu, I will be starting Never Fade.
~Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment