Monday, November 10, 2014

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner



Summary:

If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.


When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.
Remember. Survive. Run. (Via Goodreads.com)


 Pages: 374


Release Date: October 6th, 2009 


Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars


Review:

     I told myself that I would never read The Maze Runner. All my friends that had read the book and other reviews I had seen said that they hated the book. I had heard nothing positive about the book from people, so I decided that I did not want to read it. Even with the book-to-movie adaptation being released, I could have cared less about reading the book. But, my school's book club picked The Maze Runner as our book to read in October, so I read it. 
     The Maze Runner was nothing like I expected, I actually enjoyed reading the book. It has such a unique plot and I discovered some really likable characters. Even though I enjoyed The Maze Runner, I do not think I will continue on with the rest of the trilogy. I have heard that the second book is really good, but that the last one is horrible. I know from The Maze Runner to not always trust others opinions but I am not planning on reading the other books because the ending of The Maze Runner did not compel me to continue reading the other books. I was a bit interested to find out what happens next, but at our book club meeting one of the girls told me  what happened next and I am fine with what she told me. If she had not told me, I still would not have read the other books.    
     Since I just recently read The Maze Runner, I was unable to see it in theaters so I am planning to watch it once it comes out on DVD. 
     Overall, I enjoyed reading The Maze Runner but I don't know if I would recommend reading it to others. Since I have heard so much negativity about the last book, I would not want to get anyone invested in the trilogy and then have them disappointed. But, if you are interested in reading the trilogy, be my guest. The Maze Runner was full of action, mystery, suspense, and had a very unique plot. 
~Casey       

No comments:

Post a Comment