Monday, November 10, 2014

Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Summary: 

Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods. (Via Goodreads.com)


Pages: (E-book) 74


Release Date: November 22nd, 2012


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Review:

     As many of you might know, recently I have been marathoning the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout so I would be able to read my ARC of The Return before it is released next February. The Return is the first book in a new spin-off series of the Covenant series. Also, I will be attending the release party for The Return, ApollyCon, in Philadelphia this February so I wanted to be prepared. If you want more information and ticket prices on Apollycon: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/apollycon-the-return-by-jennifer-l-armentrout-release-party-tickets-12292738913
     So far I am loving the Covenant series and I am so excited to finish it! But, right now I have some other books I need to read for reviews and I have some extremely important new releases to read so I will be taking a rain check on the last two books of the Covenant series. I am hoping I will be able to resume reading the series in late November or early December at the latest.
     I would highly recommend this series to anyone. Especially if you like Greek mythology or any other books written by the lovely Jennifer L. Armentrout. This series will not disappoint! 
     Also, I forgot to mention in my other reviews, but if you have read the Covenant series, on Jennifer L. Armentrout's website she has a page dedicated to extras. The extras feature deleted scenes and chapters in Aiden's point of view. Here is the link, if any of you want to check out them out: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/extras/

     My other reviews on the previous books in the Covenant series:
Daimon (Covenant #0.5):
Half-Blood (Covenant #1) and Pure (Covenant #2):
Deity (Covenant #3):




*Spoiler Section*




     When I started Half-Blood a couple months ago I bought all the books and novellas in the Covenant series at one time on my Kindle so I would have them all to marathon. I tried not to read any of the synopsis but when I came across Elixir I knew what the Elixir was in the series and I got so nervous. I assumed that some point in the series, someone found out about Alex and Aiden's relationship and Alex was put on the Elixir. That is all I thought about as I read the first three books in the series and thankfully I was not right. Well, I was right about Alex being put on the Elixir but I was not right about why she was put on it. It was so depressing to see Alex put on the Elixir, it stripped of all her freewill and personality. She was like a former shell of who she used to be, it was so enraging. I understand why she was put on the Elixir but they did not give her enough faith. Alex is such a strong and determined character, how could they forget that? Without a doubt, I know Alex is going to get through this by herself and then she will get Seth out of this. 
     The only part of Elixir that was not really depressing to me was when Aiden told Alex about the first time he ever saw her. It was interesting to see what he originally thought of her and to see how much they have both changed since then. 
     I am so excited to continue reading this series in a few weeks. I have no idea what is in store for all of these characters, but a war is coming. I hope there will not be too many casualties. The only prediction I have is, I believe Aiden is going to die. But, we will somehow figure out how to bring him back to life. 
     Overall, Elixir was heartbreaking and in the need of some happiness. 
~Casey  

No comments:

Post a Comment