Sunday, January 15, 2017

Bookish Subscription Box Launch: Diverse Reads by Angel


Diverse Reads is a Launch!

Hello everyone! So today I am proud to announce that Diverse Reads is officially open for orders! Now, what is Diverse Reads, you may be asking? Well, here’s Angel, the founder, to help explain:
“So, Diverse Reads is a subscription box meant to celebrate people's different experiences and thoughts! I wanted to create the box because I am an Egyptian-American Muslim woman and, unfortunately, until I was halfway through 11th grade, I never read a book that accurately represented Muslims. To be honest, I'd never read one that even had a Muslim in it but I'd seen so many TV shows and movies that misrepresented my religion so many times over and that was really disappointing.
That was three years ago and though the literary world has gotten more diverse, it's still hard to find books that represent my religion and culture well without quite a bit of researching.
As I look back on how long it took for me to find myself in a world I so dearly love, as well as how much research it's taken to just read diverse books, I find myself hopeful that, through 'Diverse Reads', I can help someone much younger than me find themselves in literature much sooner than I did.
Now, every month you'll get a new, diverse young adult novel and 3 -5 awesome, handpicked goodies based on the themes of the book! The book of the month for January is Allegedly by Tiffany D Jackson!

 So, how does it work?
Well, it works in three easy ways:
1. You take your pick of a 1 month, 3 month or 6 month subscription plan! One month is $20 excl. shipping & taxes! Then you get to sit back and relax while you wait!
2. I gather all the supplies needed to make your fabulous subscription come to life then begin packing and sending it on its way!
3. Diverse Reads is delivered right to your doorstep! Now you can enjoy the book & goodies, and share what you got on social media using #DiverseReads!





Guess what, though? You can get 10% off your first order of a 3 month or a 6 month subscription with 'JOIN10'!!! Just click here to get started and begin your awesome diversity adventure!!! You can only get January’s box by Tuesday, January 17th so hurry up fast to get your order in!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment