Friday, December 30, 2016

Yearly Recap: 2016 Edition



For me, every year gets better and better. This summer, I was fortunate enough to attend San Diego Comic-Con for the third year. I met some of my absolute favorite authors for the first time, such as Laini Taylor and Michelle Hodkin. 

Earlier this year, I also met my all-time favorite author, Markus Zusak, in Connecticut on one of his tour stops for the 10th anniversary of The Book Thief. I never thought I would have the opportunity to meet him, but my amazing parents drove me five hours to meet him. It was the highlight of the year.

I also met Sarah J. Maas and Susan Dennard, two of my favorite authors, at an event in Bensalem, Pennsylvania for "Palentine's Day." This year, I also celebrated my one year anniversary on Susan Dennard's Street Team for her Witchlands series. 

I was also invited to speak on a panel at this year's Celebrate the Book in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, which was an amazing experience that I am truly grateful to have had. Along with two other panelists, Kelley Keller and Lindsay Bandy, we spoke about the process of publishing. I spoke mainly about the media coverage needed to promote books. I was enlightened about other aspects of the process by my amazing co-panelists. I also met the amazing YA authors in attendance.

I also turned 16 in late June and it has been an amazing feeling to drive. I am excited to get my license the first week of the new year and have the freedom to go places without an adult. I also had an amazing party with my close friends and I got some really amazing bookish gifts.

I have also had several requests for reviews this year which always excites me. I love that authors enjoy my content and reviews enough to ask for a review and interview. I hope that trend carries on into the new year. In addition, I have been able to review quite a few amazing books this year because of eARCs and ARCs/finished copies sent from publishers and authors.

This year also marks the fourth year I have been book blogging. It is hard to believe that I have kept Little Red's Reviews up and running for four years. Little Red's Reviews also surpassed 100 followers this year and my twitter account, (@littlered630), surpassed 1,200 followers. I barely had 300 twitter followers in May of this year. It is hard to believe that I gained nearly 1,000 followers in seven months! I hope both of those trends continue into the new year.

For me, 2016 was a year of amazing opportunities that I will never forget. I hope you had an amazing year. If it was not, I hope 2017 can make up for it. Comment below your favorite moment of 2016 and what you are excited for in 2017. I wish you all a fantastic new year and I will see you all in the new year!










No comments:

Post a Comment