Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wait For You (Wait For You #1) by J. Lynn

Summary: Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for… (Via Goodreads.com)

Pages: 360

Release Date: February 26th, 2013

Rating: 5/5 stars

Review:
     It is impossible for Jennifer L. Armentrout to write a bad book. She is an amazing writer and I can never write a review that doesn't make me ramble on about how much I love her. Jennifer has such a natural talent for writing. Most authors are only good at writing one genre but she can write anything. Whenever it is announced that she is releasing a new book, I instantly want it. I never read the summaries of her new books anymore because I know I will always love them. 
     I devoured Wait For You in a couple days, I have no doubt that I would have finished it in one sitting but I had to be "social" during the holidays. I have already stockpiled the rest of the companion novels in the series and I am so excited to read them. They are at the top of my TBR (to be read) pile.
     If you don't know, I live in Pennsylvania and we have a chain of convenience stores called Sheetz. Sheetz sells a lot of different things, but it is known for their M.T.Os which are Made To Order: hot dogs, subs, sandwiches, coffee, smoothies. etc. Around here it is extremely popular and when my family and I travel out of state it sucks because Sheetz are only found in certain states surrounding Pennsylvania. Anyway, I was shocked when Jennifer mentioned Sheetz in Wait For You. I knew she lived in West Virginia and Sheetz are located there but I never imagined the small chain would be mentioned in a best selling novel by my favorite author. 
     As usual, Jennifer L. Armentrout created a strong female heroine who can hold her own weight and a swoon worthy male protagonist that instantly climbs to the top of everyone's
endless book boyfriend list. Wait For You features a heart wrenching plot with secretive characters that are deserving of a happily ever after. This is definitely a must-read for every Jennifer L. Armentrout fan or a lover of contemporary romance. If Wait For You does not seem like a good match for you, I highly recommend checking out any of Jennifer's other books, you have a lot of different genres and books to choose from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment