Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) 

Summary:


We may be walking past you right now.

We are watching as you read this.

We may be in your city, your town.

We are living anonymously.

We are waiting for the day when

We will find each other.

We will make our last stand together--if

We win,

We are saved, and

You are saved as well.
 

If we lose, all is lost.

Review:

    For starters I saw the movie first because one of my best friends is a huge fan of the series and I watched it with her, as well with my parents because they wanted to know what all the talk about it was about. So coming into this book I knew things that would happen from the movie as well as my friend, by the way there are other SPOILERS from the other books in the series because my friend has told me a lot about the books.
      I would like to meet the person in charge of the script for the movie because not one scene from the movie was in the book, or some even close. Like when Henri died in the movie it was by the Mogadorians at the people who printed the They Walk Among Us magazine. But in the book he died during the battle at the school, which made a lot more sense. I know not all book to movie adaptations are perfect or the same and I like that because, they are both two different perspectives but the perspectives should still be somewhat close to the author(s), not completely off. I mean the movie was good but the book was a 100 times better.
      Anyway back to the book, I would just love to say how much I love Bernie Kosar/Hadley! He is the cutest and loyalest dog/Chimæra. Plus he is a great guard dog, I mean who would not want a 30 foot Lorien Chimæra scaring away intruders.
     So I was curious in the book how Sarah would meet John. Turns out that there realtor was Sarah's Mom. What suprised me was in the movie, is why the screenwriters did not go with that instead of them just meeting at school and her just knowing him by coincidence, like in the movie, it seems kind of stalkerish to me.
    Speaking of Sarah, don't get me wrong but I am not a huge fan of Sarah and John's relationship because at the end of the book when John has to leave it's like you can kind of guess John will probably fall for six, like Sam has, or something among those line. Their relationship is alright but like I said you know it is not going to work out in the end and with that it felt like the relationship was kind of forced, and I like relationships that are a) realistic and b) that are not rushed and somewhat smooth flowing, not that I don' t like when couple fights, it keeps my attention.
     One thing that is also very interesting is that the movie company switch John and six's powers around for some unknown reason. I don't get why you would do that in the first place, where would you even get the idea to do so? The movie also didn't include their other minor powers like how John can read minds of animals and  telekinesis.

      I don't know what other peoples opinions are on Sam Goode but he is the cutest dork in a book series, that I believe, well besides Simon from The Mortal Instrument series. I love that he is laid back with the whole issue that John is an alien and that he is so loyal to John. As well as the fact that he has not sold John or six out to the Mogadorians or the general public. It also might have to also do with that his last name is Goode, the last name that of a certain Blackthorn boy from Ally Carter's Gallegher Girl series also has.
     Those visions John has about the fight between the Lorien and the Mogadorians' were really creepy and pretty sad at the exact same time. Speaking of which, in some of those vision is a mysterious second ship, containing who knows what. Of course Henri tells John it would have never made it to Earth but *cough cough* I does *cough cough* because it brought the *cough cough* 10th Loric child *cough cough* that no one knew about. Sorry about that, I have had a bad cough lately
    I thought it was interesting about how Henri was telling John that some of the greatest figures in earth's history were the product of a human and a Loric. Like Buddah, Julius Caesar, Leonardo da Vinic, Albert Eistein, Alexander the Great,  even some gods and goddesses like Aphrodite, Apollo and even Zeus. It was a cool explanation of some historical figures and a cool play on history.
     Once I saw the movie I automatically hated Mark because he was a jerk the entire film, right until the end when he started to be nice. But in the book he was a total jerk in the beginning til about the middle, or even before that, of the book. Since reading the book I actually don't mind him as a character and his presents.
     Overall it was a great book and I highly recommend it, but I would prefer you to read the book THEN see the movie. I should be reviewing The Power of Six sometime soon, so you can look forward to that review on the way. Also, what are your thoughts on the book/movie if you have ever seen or read it? As well as what are your opinions on book to movie adaptations?
~Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment